Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ego post.....

Since resigning on Monday, I've been inundated with emails, phone calls and visits from colleagues (although I have to admit that the daily visitors telling me I'm not leaving are getting more than a bit hard to take)

I've been really humbled by all of this, but I want to remember some of the lovely things that have been said to me and share them with you. I don't think I ever realised how much some people at work really appreciated some of the things I do.

"Sorry to hear that you are leaving us. We will miss "the knowledge and the source" of all good information! You have been excellent and we will miss you!"

"Mate, but you are an institution."

"No way?????"

"You are sooooo not allowed!"

"O.M.G!! It's going to be a significant loss"

"NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!! You do such an amazing job !!! You can't possibly be replaced.... !!!"

"WHATS ALL THIS ABOUT!? IS THIS A JOKE?!"

"WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is totally sad news. I can't believe it!!!!"

"Oh no!!! That is disappointing news to hear we are loosing you! You will be missed!"

"What am I going to do without you young lady? That is terrible news to receive on a Monday morning. You will be greatly missed."

"Noooooooooo!"

"What the? :( Where are you going? :( What are you doing? :("

"Noooooo! Sad to hear! Such a long time, will be muchly missed."

"You were displaying a lot of warning signs. :-( Why do all the fun people always go first?"

"Leaving us?!?! Sorry to hear it!"

"Your part of the furniture, you're not allowed to go anywhere!! How dare you! Very sad news for us"

"haven't had a chance to talk to you yet, but I'm sorry to see you go. I've got to say, I've never seen anyone better at their job than you as a AM and then BC. speak soon :)"

"WTF??? You're leaving? I'm selling my shares. "

"ugh... cguptju!!! *cough**splutter*"

I've been pretty emotional all week - I haven't been able to go through more than about 2 emails at a time, otherwise the tears kick back in. If I get really desperate, time to hide behind the iPod and hit the mindless easy stuff in my job until I'm back under control. Coping by sticking my head in the sand. Not a novel strategy, and one I need to move on from.

Moving on, I've got a job interview tomorrow morning, and I've heard from a few recruiters already.

1 comment:

Jellyhead said...

How lovely that you've had such wonderful feedback about how highly you are regarded. Lap it UP! (I would!)

Good luck for the interview :)