Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The saga continues

So, I got to have my chat with the State Director today. It was really positive with her listening to what I had to say. It was good to have hear repeat everything back to make sure she was clear. Apparently I can expect a formal counter offer tomorrow. I also get to have a chat with the Victorian Sales Director tomorrow - he has some insight that he wants to share with me. He also wants to buy me coffee, and that buys a whole lotta listening. If he pouts or pulls puppy dog eyes on me again though, I'm outta there. Then I get to have a conference call with Sydney and 2 more managers there. That should be fun. Apparently HR want to have a chat with me too. Who knew it took this many people to try to keep me. I'm waiting for the partridge in the pear tree to be pulled out. That or the kitchen sink. Just one day of the process at a time. My official resignation date still sits as yesterday.

Jelly, no such thing as unsolicited advice - especially when I'm blogging it. I really appreciate everyones comments on this. It really does help to see things from a different perspective.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Whooo! As I said before, I'm no business person and have nothing to contribute. I was hoping "the patient" would get back to you and give her opinion.

Whatever your decision...just go with it and don't look back. I'm thinking of you...

Jellyhead said...

Gee, they're really pulling out all the stops at your workplace, aren't they?! Which is a GOOD thing, I think. This way, like you say, you will feel you have made your decision with all the possible cards on the table.

Let us know what happens.....

PS Thanks for the reassurance re my ravings-on!