Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lovely day

I didn't have to go the office today. Instead I spent today doing an intermediate Excel course. I had so much fun. Lots of what we covered I knew bits of, but I learnt so many useful shortcuts and finally understand some of the formulae that have been terrifying me for years. My not so inner geek had a wonderful time. The trainer even said to me at one point in front of the whole group "you are really enjoying this aren't you". Well yes. Loved it.

On the way home I stopped off at the gym and had a fantastic hour and a bit mixing up cardio and weights. I'm not sure if I've blogged about the gym, but I've been going most of this year and loving it. It really is the best destresser and high that I have. Not quite sure why I didn't do it sooner.

When I got home I had 2 letters, and neither of them had windows. Blessed relief! I got my new book from Amazon - The Fug Awards from those funny snarky Fug Girls. Best of all though, I had a letter confirming that my sponsor child in Burma is in the area which was not affected, and to the best of their knowledge is OK. I really hope so.

4 comments:

CandidConfessions said...

I have been evading the excel course!! Think it is time I took it up and learn a little. And the sponsor child sounds great! Kudos on doing that and my wishes go to the child!

Kelly said...

I have been wanting to take an excel course. I'll get around to it some day.

Jackie said...

Isn't it great to have a day in which you feel totally relaxed and enjoyable??

I'm so impressed that you sponsor a child in Burma!! You're a treasure...

velvet said...

A lot of little good things add up to a great day and your day sounds like a really great one.

Exercise really is a wonderful thing... the endorphines are fantastic!

And I'm glad that your sponsor child is okay. What a cool thing for you to do. :-)