Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sentences I never want to hear again ...

When I'm watching the swimming:

"He's swimming through the water"
No, really? In a swimming competition! I guess mud would have been too hard.

"He's coming second at the bottom of the pool"
Drowning the competitors - I don't think that is very kind.

"The pole is speeding through the water"
Um, yeah. Try learning the name of the competitor - especially when he wins.

"How does it feel to have won?"
Well, I'm really not happy about it. What do you think you dill?

"He's the 20th man to break 15 minutes here tonight"
Not a bad effort when there are only 8 competitors.

2 comments:

Jellyhead said...

Yes, yes, I know what you mean. I was watching too.

Poor old Grant. I wonder if he is having a slump, or if this is the beginning of the end for his swimming career? It must be tough getting older when being an athlete is your whole career.

Hope you had a good weekend. Mine went waaaaaay too fast. I don't wanna go to work today (want to play hookey and go shopping with me instead?!)

velvet said...

It must be so hard for the people doing the commentary to come up with things to say... it seems to be the same with figure skating. How inane it all comes out sounding! ;)