Sunday, March 18, 2007

Power and Responsibility

The boy told me last night that I'm the only person in the world who can make him feel the best he can possibly be, and the only person in the world who can make him feel less than a piece of dirt. That is a lot of power to hold, and the responsibility scares the hell out of me.

I would never intentionally hurt him for the world, and I hate the thought that I've ever made him feel like that. Words are very scary things.

At the same time, I'm exultant that I can make him feel the best he can possibly be.

2 comments:

velvet said...

That's a very sobering realization that the boy has come to. That he shared that with you shows that he trusts you.

I guess that we've all got that power to some extent over the ones we love and vice versa. Scary and wonderful thought at the same time.

-velvet

Jellyhead said...

Hello, you still there? You've been awfully quiet.

Hope you are OK and just busy- life gets like that doesn't it?

XO
Jelly