Saturday, July 29, 2006

Pleased to meet you...Hope you guess my name

Well, I did it. I bit the bullet and I did it. I met him for lunch. Admittedly, I got a little sidetracked on my way there when I walked past the TSL shop and bought 2 rose pink Egyptian cotton bathsheets - a steal at $32. They are gorgeous and soft and will look good when the new shower is finished.

I decided that I wasn't go to go all out and be mutton dressed as lamb, so I just wore a long black skirt I bought at My Size last year, and a simple fuschia v neck jumper (I think it came from there too actually!) and my cute Kumfs shoes. I knew that I would be warm and comfortable, and the fushcia is a colour that really suits me. I did boost my ego a bit though, I washed my hair this morning and kept it loose, and put on a bit of foundation and bronzing powder.

We met, and there was an awkward moment, or 2 - maybe 3. First impression, he is taller than me, and has a whole lot of hair. That, and he would do really well hiring himself out as a Santa over Christmas. He is 32, but has a serious gut. Yes I know that I am not the skinniest woman - witness where I purchased my clothes, but I'm reasonably proportioned. That is what I see in the mirror anyway!

Lunch was odd. I felt that I was talking and talking and talking, and asking questions and getting quite closed answers. Then he got quite serious. He put all of his cards on the table at once and told me what he wants from life. Summary - he wants a wife and children, and he wants to be a good provider for his wife and children.

He said all of the words I want to hear so badly, but I still have some misgivings. He said all the words I want to hear, but he said them up front - so soon, without much to go on. I think that the best word I can use to describe him is trainspotter. He is/was quite obsessy (?word) about the music charts - to the extent that he used to tape each weeks Take 40 Australia and American Top 40, transcribe them and then track them the next week to see what was happening. On the plus side, he seemed to be a really nice guy, but I'm still not sure. I'm going to go out with him again, just to see what my gut says - right now tis a bit garbled. I'm still keeping the anonymity thing going - I would always rather be safe than sorry.

No comments: