Saturday, August 12, 2006

Girls, girls, girls

Two more gorgeous girls have been born this week. Welcome to Marlo and Emily, 9 pounds 1 and 8 pounds 11 respectively. I'm very excited that I get to be Auntie thisisme again, and feel privileged that my friends are generous enough to share their gorgeous (especially cos I do get to give them back) children.

I'm actually quite jealous of both girls - they each have an older brother. Being the oldest, I never had that, and always wanted one. Oops, sounding like Miss Cornelia in the Anne books again. I've just had a flash of her saying that she had always wanted a brother, and being disappointed at 15 when she finally got one, only to find that he was not 2 years older. Question, why do I remember this, and never where I put my car keys?

With the world the way it has been this week, I'm relieved to have some happy news.

No comments: