Friday, August 04, 2006

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to my stepfather. My lovely Trinistepdadian is turning 25 and a bit again.

He is a truly good man. I would like to thank him for making my mother so happy, and for giving all four of us unconditional love, support and friendship. I know that if I ever have a problem, I can go to him for help, and he will help me and support me as much as he can. He may disapprove of things we do, but he does not judge. Mum told me once that he believes he is on this earth to serve others. Not only does he believe it, he lives it.

Please don't think he is perfect - he isn't by a long shot. He is the poster boy for obduracy, and has some very peculiar blind spots.

Sometimes I feel sad for him, because he doesn't have the relationship with his 2 daughters that he has with me, and to a lesser extent my sister. I feel sad for them too, because they are really missing out.

I would love to see him as a grandfather. Maybe soon.

Happy birthday.

1 comment:

Jellyhead said...

Your stepdad sounds like a lovely man.

Have a great weekend, thisisme!